Email MeAric M. Cramer
Aric Cramer combines over 13 years of experience with a high sense of professional responsibility. He has represented hundreds of clients in State and Federal Courts on felony and misdemeanor cases, including sexual assaults, rape, white collar crimes, DUI and homicide charges. Aric Cramer is on the Federal CJA appointment list and the public defender list in North Salt Lake and Woods Cross City. He has prepared appeals in criminal conviction cases including the landmark appeal in State v. Harrison , 24 P.3d 936, 2001 UT 33 (Utah Ct. App. 2001) overturning a life sentence for his client.
Mr. Cramer's practice philosophy is fully embodied in the comments of Joe Cheshire on the definition of a Criminal Defense Attorney:
"A criminal defense lawyer is a person who loves other people more than he loves himself; who loves freedom more than the comfort of security; who is unafraid to fight for the unpopular ideas and ideals; who is willing to stand next to the uneducated, the poor, the dirty, the suffering, and even the mean, greedy, and violent, and advocate for them not just in words, but in spirit; who is willing to stand up to the arrogant, meanspirited, caring and uncaring with courage, strength and patience, and not be intimidated; who bleeds a little when someone else goes to jail, who dies a little when tolerance and freedom suffer, and most important, a person who never loses hope that love and forgiveness will win in the end."
Mr. Cramer would rather defend someone who is guilty than allow a person who is innocent to be prosecuted.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Federal and State Courts
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Utah, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. Tax Court, 1994
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Master of Law in Taxation - 1994
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity.
- North Carolina Central University
- B.A. - 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Utah State Bar, Tax Section, Past President, 1996 - 1999
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), Life Member
- Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (UACDL)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- National College for DUI Defense